Friday 12 November 2010

Quite a lot of nothing going on…..

Apart from riding in this awful weather not too much is going on… Mr Mugabe has now had its service and two new front brake discs (now 55,000 miles on the clock) – that’s 45,000 in the two and a half years that I have had him. It won’t be too long before we clock up 100,000 !!! This month I have had to put on two new tyres as the previous ones were squared off – but about 12,000 on one set is good. The BMW would only give me 7,000 at best on Bridgestone’s.

Spent a few hours last weekend putting in a new pukka fuse box – to manage the multiple items (heated grips, Autocom, aux sockets and Garmin etc).

Went to see Austin Vince and a presentation on Mondo Enduro - at Wimbourne - an excellent night - and I managed to win myself a very smart Belstaff Jacket in the raffle...

I passed a few hours last night looking over the route for next year and re-routing to avoid large cities like Milan and keep off the Auto Strada’s. Once that is sorted then I will look at each leg of the trip to see if there are places of interest nearby. I did find a brilliant looking set of roads in Southern France.. near Cognin-Les-Gorges and Malleval. That should be a interesting ride – sort of a warm up for the Stelvio Pass in Italy….. ah well onwards and upwards… Dreaming of Living the Dream…..