Wednesday 6 April 2011

Mr Mugabe has gone...

The end of a very good 3 year relationship with an XRV750 Africa Twin - 50,000 miles and lots of regrets.

Mr Mugabe in Andorra 2009
 Would loved to have kept it but I am no mechanic and things were starting to go wrong, wear out and others bits falling off or not working as they should - just like me - and I'm 60 in September!!  Did not really like to seeing it going - it has been a great bike and I will miss it...  I still think the BMW is too clean and new for my tastes...

Well, having had a Dutchman come and look at it - and having said he would buy it on the phone - changed his mind on the day - I then re-advertised it on EBay - I put it on at 16:11 and it was sold at 16:14 ... bugger..  Two Polish lads called to collect it on Saturday - handed over the cash and off they went .....  Better than the Dutchman who wanted it for parts !!!

I had CW Motorcycles fit the Autocom and the Garmin power cable to the BMW as this Can Bus thing doesn't appear to like tampering !!   Ordered some better panniers and of course they have been delayed - is nothing simple anymore..

Due to go for the first camping trip of the year on the 15th ... so they had better be here by then....  Thought I would try sites in Herefordshire - near Ross on Wye and then a 2nd in Somerset - and why not...  will keep and eye out for another old bike ........  shhhhhhh