Thursday 30 May 2013

Thursday . I think

 

Yesterday for wet, very wet…..  I spent most of the day helping with the setting up, moving tables and chairs, putting up various tents and display units….   Lots of suppliers are here as well as a great range of 4x4, overlander vehicles, pedal bikes and motorcycles.   The camp was quiet except for the occasional low flying airplane from the airport next door.   We can also hear the Donnington race track from here….

 

Popped into the bar early last night as it had been a long day and managed a couple or three lemonades before retiring early ??   Some of the guys from SAM are due to arrive today so I suppose I will have to join them in the bar again this evening!!

 

I am in duty at 2pm until 5pm assisting with the IT and the presentations in one of the rooms.  The organisation is excellent and Sam Manicom and Ian Harper have done a great job.  Sue and Grant Johnson are here and Grant is looking very well.

 

It is now 9.30 and I cooked breakfast in the tent at 6.30am…. had as shower shave and then put up posters and timetables ready for the event start at 2pm.   I am sitting in a quiet corner of the building just sorting out this laptop and files that I need ready for next Friday – which is the start of the next 16 day adventure – riding to Dubrovnik – oh for some hotter weather….