Saturday 14 September 2013

Saturday - somewhere north of Stafford

Dear Blog

It is now 1130 and it is still cold - thank god for heated grips... Had a pleasant ride into Stafford and visited Stafford Motorcycles... They have 3 Africa Twins and 2 BMW Dakars... I will need to think about this..

Left Stafford and Gertie led me North and I am now somewhere near or heading to Nantwich ? I will re-direct her to Oswestry and then south to Newtown and then Hay-on-Wye....

I am sat in a very nice Tea Rooms somewhere - nice and cosy with Nat King Cole playing in the background... The sun just shone through .... If it starts to rain later I may well ride on through Gloucester and home --- it will be pointless setting up the tent in the rain just to sit and listen to the rain all night...

Chat later

Just to finish this - I did travel down to Tintern and then across the bridge and then home - in one hit - a bit saddle sore by the time I reached home - but a nice relaxing ride home nevertheless...

It turned out that Stafford Motorcycles wer not prepared to offer me a sensible price for my BMW even though they were over the top on their price for the XT750.    So back on the BMW for now and maybe stick with it for a few more years..  I am planning to retire in 2016 and do the big trip that I have always wanted to do ...  it will be 11 years old by then....