Friday 19 June 2020

Friday 17 June - GOPHER

Dear reader,

Monday this week saw me in van delivering PPE to Ambulance Stations at Slough, High Wycombe, Stoke Mandeville and finally Bletchley. Tuesday I was back with the Ambulance Service taking 300+ white onesies to Didcot.

Wednesday and Thursday was a day off from Volunteering so I managed to mow the lawn etc.

Friday. Despite the start in heavy rain at the start, things did get better as I approached Churt in Surrey. I collected the PPE face shields and then headed for Eastleigh near Southampton, from there I headed to Lockerly Green north of Romsey Hampshire.

The main road being closed I had to do a wide loop to get to the rest home.. then a long loop back through very very narrow lanes to Romsey - I am not sure that Gertie Garmin is of sound mind..... Now onwards to the final drop at a care home in Blackfield near Fawley and the dry ride home to Ringwood - refuel yet again.

A quick wash down of the bike and a well deserved cup of tea.... Nothing on the cards for tomorrow but I may have to start painting our bathroom!! It never ends...

I must say that I am quite looking forward to the barber shops be opened next month!! I will have to take care of the beard myself....

Your looking quite tired today Nigel !!!