Thursday 20 May 2021

19 May 2020 - Home

Dear Reader,

Yesterday was wonderful - sitting in the sunshine eating beef casserole, gently poured over pasta whilst sipping the rest of a bottle of vino collapso. This was the preparation for a early night… bugger-all else to do, so as the sun slowly disappeared over the hills I crawled into my sleeping bag.

The morning brought rain and the threat of high winds - bugger. So up early, packed up in the rain and rode off into the morning gloom. There was no way that I was going to ride over either of the R.Severn bridges - so it was the long way round via Hereford, Gloucester, Swindon and Salisbury.

Oh how I hate riding in high winds… I know people will say that this is nothing compared to the winds in Patagonia but that does not help at all..

I battled through but I had to stop at Cholderton Farm shop for a loverly cuppa as I could feel a cramp starting in my leg.

Arrived home knackered, my wife had already put on the heating, so I hung up the tent etc to dry and then sat in a hot bath with another cup of tea ….

Good trip - got to get out and about with the tent.