Tuesday 3 July 2012

Sat 30th and Sun 1st– Belgium / France

The Last Supper

A second night in one place – very strange event for me asI liketo keep moving on….. we visited to Museum again – they had had a complete change of the layout – not a good as before – too much technology.. The guys took me for a meal last night in Ypres – excellent – sat in the Square watching the town – and it was raining… We then tried to find a bar for a final beer – only a few open and they appeared mostly of the “gay” variety !!! Not for me thank you… So we were unable to located a bar with a TV for the Footy…. So had just a quiet beer to round off the day.




Just thought it was a good picture...

Walked back to camp and had a reasonable nights sleep. Then an early start this – the call of nature started at 5.30 with the sound of a “bird scarer” and then the normal dash to the heads……. 200 yards this time…. Such a close call – I know – too much information – but I don’t care – it’s my blog….


Left at about 7.30am and made it to Calais without to much trouble – Gertie Garman is playing up – I think the screen is now buggered so will have to get that repaired or replaced.





We are now sat the Chunnel terminal – have bought the ‘Smellies” for ‘er-in-doors’ and had a coffee or two….. We are early but have managed to get on an early train….

I have still to write up a valedictory report on the trip – equipment (tent, mat, sleeping bag – cooker – packing – what was need and what was not – routes – thoughts on the trip etc etc….. I will have to do that from home following a long soak in a hot bath…..





The plan now is to ride the M20 – M25 – M3 or A3 home…. Parting with the guys at Clacket Lane Services…. Final mileages etc will be in the Final Report