Thursday 26 June 2014

...and after the show...


… Now back to work…  It’s amazing how much work builds up on your desk when your away for such a relatively short time.  God know what will happen when I disappear off the Australia in October for three weeks – best not think about the coming back!
Time to reflect on the visit to HUBB UK 2014…  I love the location at Donnington – even with the aeroplanes;  I used to live in Old Windsor so I’m sort of used to it…  It was great to meet up the old friends and make new ones – especially those who have been fortunate enough to break away from the daily grid of work and actually go somewhere… I am just so envious.   I know that I could just jump on the bike go but having worked my way into a corner of dependency of Mortgage / Loans and all the other dependencies that go with living and families, it will take some planning to just do it – a sort of planned spontaneity….   Having spoken to Ian Coates and his advice was don’t wait get of bike and just go…. Today…   I wish…. But such a nice chap – very down to earth and straight talking.. 

 
 
Ian Coates - and inspiration to all.... and such a nice chap


I did not attend as many presentations as before although I did do the IT for some very good speakers…  I just took the opportunity to chill and wander more this time.   All the kit worked well and even the expensive Ex-Ped air mat stayed inflated for most of the time – even after my repairs..  I didn’t take the trusted frying pan this time and was relying on the lightweight one – total disaster – so either back to the pukka pan or take porridge next time – too much bloody hassle with a cooked breakfast.   The 2-man Coleman Phad x2 tent was fine and I will look at getting a lightweight tarp.

Somehow it just felt so right being back on the XRV – such a joy and I am getting about 58 miles to the gallon….  I must organise the MOT for next month and keep dreaming of the big one --- on 30 months to go……  PS the beard had to go.... ah well
 




Well I think it suits me !!!