Saturday 25 July 2015

Sunshine at last

Good evening,
An early start this morning, on the road by 8am. I stopped off at McDonalds in Bridgewater for a cuppa. Then followed that awful road the A39 until could not stand it any more and so cut off left and through the wonderful lanes across Exmoor and another cup of tea and fuel at Dulverton. Then north towards Combe Martin and then Barnstable, Bideford and Oakhampton. It was still to early for then 2nd night stop so I rode to Tavistock and across the moors via Princetown and Ashburton, then back across the moors to Morhampstead and back to Oakhampton. Found the campsite and it's next to a pub to my surprise. The poor old campers are 300 yds away from the loos - I will have to wear my running shoes in the morning😩😩

Tomorrow the route is Exeter then home try to avoid the A30.

And..... Yes it rained all the way home - totally soaked - looking at the www it would only cost £1500 for the Rev It Defender Gortex suit and gloves .... So that might have to wait until I win the lottery !!!