Saturday 24 September 2016

Another day in 4x4 heaven!!!

Good evening dear readers,
I spent another restless night at this event, in spite of having a couple of cans with John from Felixstowe.   I was in bed by 10pm but I was awoken during the night by the wind blowing through the barrier tape at the other side of the hedge, and then again when the f******** Exped Air bed deflated ( I had it returned and repaired just 3 weeks ago)... Into the bin with that later....

I spent the day wandering through the the endless lines of Landrovers (Landys), Discoverys (Disco's), 110 and even some 101's.  !!!   Everything you can think of the to fix up and bling your vehicle ready to drive it down to the supermarket and back.   Not very much for the biker I fear.   I will not bother next year.   I suppose the next event will be the Motorcycle Show at the NEC in November. 

I met up with Nathan Millward at lunch time and then walked around again...  I have just had supper and another brew so an ready for another sleepless night.   The weather has been grey and overcast all day and the forecast is overnight rain.   I will make an early and hasty departure after breakfast and ride back home the long way, again taking the back roads.