Thursday 27 July 2017

West Country - Day 3

Off to the Theatre
It was a reasonable camp site last night - just too many excited children playing football, screaming and shouting.   Once they were in bed it was the turn of the Mum's and Dad's - I think the Dads won at football but the Mums were good at the shouting and screaming - but they were all done by 1.30am !

I did not want to witness the start off their day so I was up early, showered, tea made, packed and on the road for 8.30am.   We had a very quiet bimble through the lanes to the Minark Theatre and once they had open I had a good look around and a very pleasant pot of tea.   I meet a very nice couple in the car park - he was from South Africa and he also owns an Africa Twin...  He was at the HU meeting too - such a small world.

By now the sun was almost shining... NFC (normal for Cornwall).   So back on the bike and off the Liskard to have yet another cup of tea with a relative - they run the Adrenaline Quarry just off the A38 and if you haven't been then you should... it used to be the longest zip wire in the U.K. - I have done it twice and we even got my 80 plus Mother in Law on it..... Thank you for the cuppa Jessie.....

So off again before and I decided to head back to Bundu Camping at Okehampton as the site is reasonably quiet and a good starting point to venture across Dartmoor in the morning towards Exeter to meet up with Sam Manicom and Birgit, and then home.  Having arrived and pitched the tent - yes, down came the rain - but it has passed through and I believe another band of poor weather is on it way.