Sunday 15 April 2018

Dr Foster went to Gloucester



Good evening reader,

Just a quick update from the side of the River Severn.  I thought I had better take a run out to try the kit before I drop the bike off at Motofreight.


A quick ride up to Gloucester via the tea stop at Laycock Abby.   I stopped for a tea at the Abby Tea Rooms and was immediately approached by a friend of Mick and I, Paul and his partner.  
So we sat for a while and chatted before I rode on again to the Red Lion Pub and camp site.  Slight rain on the way.   Now the greatest campsite in the world but I am sure it gets better when then season starts !!

Once I arrived at the camp site it started to rain, which was not the best time for our first erection (of the new tent).  All sorted and Mick arrived which was great and we when to the pub for a coffee and a chat in the warm.   The sun nearly came out but not quite.   We did manage a short sit on the river bank and ate vegan falafel!! then the rain started again, and Mick departed and I disappeared into the tent for an afternoon snooze.  

It is now 8.45 pm and I am back in the pub for a beer and collect emails.  Tomorrow I Weill take a run down to Somerset in the hope that the weather improves.

Good night for now - I think I may need another pint...