Monday 16 April 2018

Pre USA Shake Down - Day 2

Good evening readers,

Following a cold, damp, sleepless night I was up with the lark (actually the larks are awoken by the sparrows wind problems) so I was up at "sparrows fart" this morning and following a much needed cup of coffee whilst packing away a very soggy tent - I was on the road by 7.30am.

A very hectic ride back through Gloucester due to the Monday morning workers rush.  I ended up stopping for a hash brown and a cup of tea at McDonalds and waited for the traffic to clear a bit.   I tried to avoid riding through the centre of Bristol so I ended up on the Ring Road - an endless loop of countless roundabouts….  Having got fed up with that road I headed for the Fleet Air Arm Museum and then back up to Wells and the finally Cheddar.   

The campsite (with pub) I had planned to use had been taken over by a private group of caravaners and was therefore unable to fit me in so I rode on until I found the next one… Very nice, very quiet, a bit soggy but no pub!!  So I am cooking again tonight compliments of MOD ration packs.  Chicken and yellow curry with rice followed by Vegetarian all day breakfast!!

I am still a bit undecided on which tent to take so I will have to get that some thought before Friday.

Now back to my book - Tuk Tuk to the road by Antonia Bolingbroke-Kent (aka Ants) and Jo Huxster.
Afternote: I am now in the local pub charging the laptop and phone!!

Nite Nite