Thursday 14 April 2022

Nepal at last - Nepal Day 2


Oh how I hate travelling on airplanes. I can't get comfortable, can't get any sleep and my back hurts….

Well that over for 10 days. No real problems with the flights, we got here and so did the luggage, what more could you ask for. I met up with Kona and Patrick at Dubai airport, and it was back onto another flight to Kathmandu.

The flight path into the Airport was wonderful, lots of hills and forests and then suddenly a plateau and thousands of houses… quite a sight.

We were met at the entrance by Steve and Major Ram of the tour company and whisked though the streets to our newly completed hotel (we are the first guests).

After unpacking, it was off for a ramble around the local area guided by Steve, change some money, get bottled water and buy a SIM card. Then into the local Black Olive Restaurant for a meal and a well earned beer.

I tried hard to remember to take more photos…



















Good night from Kathmandu…