Friday 12 June 2009

... the planning goes on...

All recovered from the trip to France and Andorra - the focus now is the Horizons Unlimited event at Ripley in Derbyshire http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/ . I will be travelling up on the Wednesday afternoon and returning on the Sunday. Really looking forward to it. So many "overlanders" are going to be there - Sam Minicom, Austin Vince, Loise Pryce and Simon Gadofin etc etc.. I have volunteered to assist with the IT stuff for the presentations and have already received the Shift List !!

I need to get on a get the kit ready this weekend - I will have to pack the bike on Tuesday night as I will be leaving for "the North" at lunchtime on Wednesday. Another 500 miles round trip coming up.

The radiator on Mr Mugabe is still holding-up thanks to an injection of Rad-Weld. I have managed to locate a pair of radiators and fan on EBay for £68 (Including a rear brake disc).
I only had it services in late April and it now 4,000 miles done and another service is due - well maybe in July !!

The addition of a sheep-skip on the saddle has eased the SAS (Sore Arse Syndrome) and amused the members of the office were I work !!! I am working on the plan for Enduro India - I now have permission from "management" but I don't believe we don't have enough time to raise the required funding... I am suggesting that we go for the 2011 Enduro India.. which would leave the planning for Lithuania (or Croatia) for 2010 - watch this space....