Thursday 9 June 2016

Last days riding....

Another early start... And onto the 101 South and hopefully the PCH..
Well yes we did find the PCH but mist and cloud put all hopes of the wow factor in the bin. The first bit of it was ok except the whole sea side of the road was lined with those huge RVs, nose to tail over the entire length, with the occasional portaloo and old lady in a hoody walking a dog... So much for that....

So back onto he 101 and locate breakfast and a break from riding.... So instead of going back onto the 101 we turned off onto Route 23 which turned out to be empty and very very narrow and twisty over the hills before dropping very dramatically down to the coast and more Route 1 PCH. Onwards through well known beaches which, frankly did not impress me at all.... Miles and miles of Malibu beaches full of sea facing houses, surfing shops, tacky signs and lots of litter..... Next time someone say "you really must ride the PCH" I will just have decline,, politely of course.

Then back onto the 101 for the last tricky bit, getting into LA with getting lost or killed... Some of the roads a 6+ lanes wide... With lots of boy racers and impatient drivers, although on the whole I think American drivers are far better than those in the UK.

So here I now sit at a Motel waiting for a room to be readied, then I will sort out the kit and bike and deliver it to the shippers this afternoon. Madiba has done me proud all the way across the USA. Just one flat battery - and that was my fault. What an excellent bike.... I just need to gather my thoughts about the trip, the kit, the people, the places, the high times and the low times... I will try to do this whilst flying home to my dearest Wife and Daughters who I have missed so much....

Regards

Nigel, Madiba and Gertie... and thank you the people in America that made me so welcome (except for Adolf Park Ranger)



Odometer at end 76933