Tuesday 16 May 2017

France Day 1 - 16 May 17

Dear reader,
Started out this morning at silly o'clock and made good progress to Folkestone. The train was delayed 25 minutes due to a technical hitch but I am in no hurry. Had a quiet read on the train whilst the other 3 bikers talked broken biscuits about bhp, torque and performance of their BMWs. I had a relaxing ride down to the first camp site just outside Arras, although a closed road did send Gertie Garmin into a spin for a moment. I stopped at a couple of British Cemetery's Ian the area of Vimy Ridge (which I will visit again tomorrow).

It was cool and overcast when I left home this morning, abut riding through Northern France the temperature started to rise and I wished I hadn't put on two layers this morning. Having said that there were some brisk side winds on the exposed hills - having opted to void all motorways this weekend.

This campsite is nice and quiet and only €10 for the night.

Nite nite