Friday 19 May 2017

France Day 4 - 19 May 17


Dear Reader,

We had a real cracker of a thunder storm overnight and consequently an extremely poor nights sleep.   So it was up early, a single cup of tea and on the road by 8am.  We visited a few memorials and cemeteries in the Arras area and then hit the road to Calais.   I did stop at a McD near Arras for a cup of Earl Grey and a bun..  Then Gertie threw another hissy fit and put us on the A1 and then in the blink on an eye we missed the direct road to Calais and went via Lille in the North along the A26 to Dunkirk and back down to the Chunnel.   Ah well we did manage to avoid Belgium !! But rode through constant drizzly all the way...

I am now lounging in the Chunnel Terminal await my turn to be called forward to board.....   I am keeping myself amused by watching the amount of wine and beer being loaded into cars and vans.....