Tuesday 18 April 2023

Crieff Day 2 - April 2023

Good evening dear reader,

I was too tired last night to log the days event so here goes…

Monday.  We all met at 9:45 and all 6 riders rode off on the East Route.  Some very interesting roads and fine scenery, but a lot of very small B roads.  Having stopped for coffees and lunch we finally arrived back home at 6:15pm, a little bit on the tired side..   After getting change we dashed into a very quiet Crieff for a quiet pint in a "Sports Bar", followed by fish and chips from the local Chinese Takeaway, which I ate at the apartment before collapsing into bed early…

Tuesday.  After a better nights sleep we assembled at 9:30 but one rider had a puncture; so had to dash away to sort that out locally, David had a failed indicator that needed a visit to a Triumph dealership and I had a very very worn pair of rear brake pads which needed sorting NOW (I know I should have checked before to left home)..   So David and I departed from the group-ride and headed to Glasgow and Paisley….   I arrived at the Yamaha dealership only to find that they don't stock spares in their spares department.  (That will teach me to phone first….), so I then contacted another dealership in Kilmarnock and yes they had them in stock.  

So off to Kilmarnock via Glasgow's M8 again.  I arrived in good time and collected the pads and then made the return trip via Glasgow's M8 for the 4th time, but not before dropping into a hand carwash and getting all the crud washed off the bike.  No dramas on the way home and even managed to fit the brake pads without cocking it up.  All is now sorted - its odd trying to ride to 150 miles whilst trying to remember not to use the rear brake….   Clothes washed and drying and we are now off to find supper….  

Nite Nite