Monday 24 April 2023

Scotland to Home - Day 1

Good evening dear reader,

I was just too tired to blog yesterday evening.  The ride down from Scotland was awful - lots of rain, sleet, snow and the ever present cross winds.  On the way the winds were mainly from the north and therefore at my back, BUT as soon as we turned left at Brough toward Barnard Castle it got extreme and  I must admit it scared me fartless.....  I don't know how everyone else manages cross winds but for me I am hopeless....  I turn up the music and hope a lot!!!

We arrived at the accommodation in Bishops Auckland, a town of which I cannot say less.   A bit of a ghost town at 5pm.. and very disappointing..     Everything was closed except for a couple of pizza shops....  We did visit the local pub but although the sign outside said food - they don't so any food...  So it was a pint and home for a pizza and an early night.

Looking forward to leaving this tumbleweed town...