Thursday 20 April 2023

Crieff Day 3/4 - April 2023

Good morning dear reader,

I have just received a reminder on my phone that a year ago today I we riding in the hills of Nepal, my my how time flies.




Wednesday.  Now that the brakes on the bike are fixed, it was back on the Clover Leaf for the 3rd day - North Route over the Cairngorms/Aviemore etc.  Unusually the sun was shining as we set off from Crieff.  The views are spectacular and the roads dry and twisty.   We rode passed the Balmoral Castle turning but thought that we were unlikely to get a cuppa there, so we rode on.  We stopped for lunch at Breamar as the Glenshee Ski Centre was still closed.  We rode through Aviemore, Blair Atholl and Aberfeldy to name but a few. At one stage the road we wanted was closed and we were forced into a 60 mile diversion.  We finally arrived home a 6:30pm and a little worse for wear I must say.   Following a quick change, David and I popped into town to get some supper, we found a very pleasant Italian Restaurant.  

After a restless night sleep I decided not to ride the West Route today but would take a self imposed rest-day.  Having been riding for 6 days so far and we have another 8 days of riding ahead of us, I thought it best for me to have a day off - its an age thing I guess, plus a little H&S as well.   So today I will repack the panniers and make sure that I have the waterproofs available as the weather is on the change for the ride north west via Fort William to Inverness tomorrow and then start the North Coast 500 on Saturday.  Then back to a campsite a little south of Inverness on Wednesday, before starting the ride south, hoping to arrive home on Friday 28th.