Wednesday 26 April 2023

Scotland to Home - Day 3

Well today was the last day of riding home from Scotland - I think I have ridden about 2,500 miles over 12 days.

We left Duxford on two separate routes home; David to Hove in Sussex and me to Ringwood in Hampshire.   I was going to ride across country and join up with the A34 at Oxford but decided that I would just let Gertie Garmin have her own way..  Down the M11, onto the M25 and then the M3 and lastly the A31.   Oh how I dislike the M25 during the morning "get out of my way - I'm important" peak times..  You know type - the rules concerning the Highway Code and mobile phone use do not apply to them....  I passed one lady in a white Porche and made it clear that she should not be texting whilst driving (she was tailgating a truck at 60mph).  She then passed me at speed and I caught her again about 10 mile further on doing the same think whilst up-the-chuff of a slow moving Crane...  Idiot.

So I survived and arrived home at about noon.  There was no-one home so I managed to get all the washing done, unpacked the bags and hung the tent etc to dry.  I had a long soak in a hot bath, then fed the cat and sorted out things that needed to be done today.  I will sort out the bike and the rest of the kit tomorrow.

Not much of an epilogue at the end of 12 day trip, but I did what I wanted to do and so the trip is now done.  I enjoyed most of it (not the cross winds or the inclement weather) I hope that David did to..  Thanks for your company David ...



Bishops Auckland to Duxford

The total ride - Crieff Cloverleaf and NC400