Thursday 18 April 2024

Spain - Day 6







It's funny how just one mosquito can ruin a nights sleep….    Having loaded the bike I thought I would visit a nearby Honda dealer as I was having problems with adjusting the chain… it was done-up by a 73 year old with a long handled torque wrench!!!


I arrived in good time but like everything else in this part of the world; it's was closed closed.

So taking advantage of flat concrete surface - I removed all the luggage and panniers and set to work… all sorted in 10 minutes.  


In the main, the roads were boring with a few good looking areas.   Then having crossed over a hugh lake / inland sea, I then rode through miles and miles of olive groves - fabulous.


Soon enough I was passing into Spain - unnoticed….   Now it's time to head to the chosen campsite - I passed the location 3 times - it's just not there.   Asked Gertie Garmin for another … that one looked like an untidy farm yard… move on Nigel.   Give me another I said to Gertie…. Gates closed.   Let try another: no trace.   Bugger it - it's getting late and it looks like rain - found a good looking Hotel : how much !!!!  Lets try another : shabby but cheaper…. and the Wi-Fi isn't working!!!  Anyhow Spain 4 : Nigel 0.


So here I am sitting at a street cafe using their Wi-Fi and drinking strong coffee !!!   Just in time as I hear a clap of thunder overhead…. Now heavy rain and a thunder storm…. 


Tomorrow is planned to head south passed Saville and try my luck with campsites!!!