Tuesday 16 April 2024

Spain/Portugal - Day 4


An earlier than usual start today as we now on Portugal time and the sun gets up an hour earlier here..


I checked out the ACSI website and found a couple in the area that I intend to ride to.   I selected one and off we go…. Some good roads and some crap roads to Coimbra.  The good roads were though mountainous vine yards with fabulous views (no places to stop!).  The crap roads were through Coimbra itself due to shed loads of roads works.   


Finally arrived at the Tamanco Campsite, owned and run by two Brits - it's brilliant - although out of season and so they only serve food Thursday to Sunday.  Just my luck.


I managed to set up the tent in the wrong place - but it's only for one night (out of season!), and the owner said he would open the bar this evening, so all is not lost.


I must off and cook something… anything..