Saturday 20 April 2024

Spain - Day 8

Today started off badly with me trying to check-out from the camp site at 9am, and the large lady on reception saying I must wait until 10am… She spoke long and loud about she needed her beauty sleep and me saying she was wasting her time….

Anyway the bill was paid and I left the site (noisily)…. I am still very concerned about the amount of oil being burnt by the bike…. I hope it's not a repeat of the previous fault… the cure for which was having an engine rebuild (re-bored, new pistons and valves etc)…

I have decided not to continue with the full tour of Spain and the return ride through France .. I don't want to cause any further problems…. I have already used 2 Litres of oil !!!

So I rode back through Saville and headed north towards Santander and a boat ride home. I am current overnighting in Tordesillas. 734 kms today !!!