Wednesday 17 April 2024

Spain/Portugal -Day 5


Up with the sun this morning, SSS* sorted and all packed up by 8:30.   I can highly recommend this campsite (see photo).   Be care not to over shoot the road as the next corner in the entrance to the paid autoroute.   I did, and when faced with the unmanned entrance, I did a U Turn rode to 200m back down the hard shoulder with the Garmin telling me I'm travelling down the wrong side   the road!  Heavy mist to start with.


The road were good again to - I'm so glad I elected now to use motorways.  There have been lots of twists and turns, steep climbs and just plain empty roads…


The campsite now is big but it's so hot I opted for a cabin….  Not having to pitch the tent tonight is a bit of a bonus.   No frills or extras but it has fridge, electric and a bed with a mattress. Washing done and dried.  Routes sorted for the next 3 days.  


Tomorrow I'm heading for the border with Spain.  Reduced riding hours is working for me.