Saturday 8 June 2024

France - Day 3














So much for my shorter days riding - 6 hours because I switch off motorways, ah well the roads were mainly quiet. So many roads blocked for road works and surprise surprise the diversions were in the main sign posted…

This part of France reminds me of the Fens; very flat, lots of water and boring. Did a bit of tourist stuff by stoping at the Motor Museum - very good although the layout and the building were stuck in the '60s.. The staff were very nice and made a loverly cup of much needed tea… as I sheltered from the rain .

Then on to La Rochelle and to the campsite - a bit expensive but never mind - I walked into the village and found a cafe for a beer and supper - no idea what it was - seafood of some kind…. Now sitting in the quiet of my pitch at the end of the site…. WiFi again is not too good…

With the promise of a shorter ride tomorrow , we are off to MotoCamp Dordogne - I have stayed there twice before but it's probably all changed since 2009….

Note - I stopped at 3 McDonalds and they were all closed - what going on!!!