Sunday 24 May 2009

23rd May 2009


The rain managed to stay away yesterday evening and I enjoyed a warm sunshine and a couple of beers before retiring for the night. Was on the road by 8.30 and it didn’t start to rain until 12 noon. The roads were a bit boring on the way north, or was it the fact that I was now heading home to end the trip. I missed a junction or two near Caen and spent a happy 20 mins travelling through the centre of town before escaping to the Port. Arriving in good time to change my ticket for a earlier boat – a whole day early – I am out riding again on Monday so a day at home on Sunday will be worth while.

I had a good cool drink at the port and joined the queue for the boat – eventually other bikers arrived to join me. Talked awhile about the weather etc (after all they were Brits) and one of the riders looked at the bike, and asked if I had been “Around the World” - would it have been great to say “Oh Yes !!” Maybe one day !!!



Days Mileage 230 miles
Trip Total 1785 miles

These things usually end with “thanks to…..” etc etc
I would certainly like to thank all those camp sites were I stayed – especially the Camping Moto in the Dordogne, and the Refuge pour Motards for their generosity and help. Thanks to Mr Mugabe (aka Honda XRV 750 – my Big Black African) for chugging along without incident and to Mr McDonald for the use of his WiFi