Sunday 17 May 2015

And yet more France...

Yes it was cold again this morning and a bit moist - so on with the wet weather kit... By now most of the coffee stops all appear the same... But I did stop at a pretty little place called Pons just South on Saintes - which was going to be my overnight stop but I got there so early so.... as expected we motored on to another site nearer to Damvix. Too many kids but ah well.

I had considered riding on the the next planned stop but that would mean riding for another 4 hours and as I left at 7.30 this morning and arrived here about 2pm I thought my backside needed s break....

By the way the reception was closed on the way out this morning so whoops sorry about that, but the showers were hot which made up for having a campsite next to a five-a-side football pitch that was in use until about 10pm!!

Tomorrow promises to be a short one up to Lorient to visit Dave and Trish Perry - I last saw them when I was en route to Slovenia the first time... So that must have been 4 or 5 years ago... I was the first trip on the BMW GS.  I had less luggage then!!!

Just lazing in the sunshine now until it's time to eat. Isn't odd how the WiFi is mostly free in Morocco but you have to pay for it in France - even the campsites WiFi in Spain were mainly free...

More later....