Thursday 14 May 2015

Most resting ....

A Rest Day... Today I am trying something new: not doing a thing!!  and it is not easy, and after a easy beginning I start seeing things that need doing on the bike- so out with the tool bag and that is sorted... I have listened to many Radio 4 programs, endless cups of tea or coffee, and I even had porridge for breakfast.  

Most of this site is large camper vans... With their owners busying themselves with cleaning their windows whilst the ladies paint on gallons of sun tan cream with large paint brushes; being very careful not to miss those hard to reach places...  No photos to follow !!!

The sun is at it's hottest now and I am glad for a break from riding in the noon day sun.  David should be on the boat this evening and home by morning... He is good company and a great riding buddy...  I could not have got from under the bike without his back breaking lift.... And the bruising has almost gone... I think David took a photo once we reached the Cafe on the Tarmac...

The plan here is to ride up to a campsite near Burgos for tomorrow night and then the Pico site for Saturday night - I had to check the calendar then as I am totally unaware of the day of the week...  Almost in retirement mode already!!!
I am trying to resist the temptation of rolling two days into one or taking a faster route..... Although if I get home early I could some of jobs done: painting the new bathroom, and the hall,   Stairs and landing etc....

So it should be France on Sunday.... And some cooler weather - I am not complaining but a tad cooler would be good...

The distance so far is 2509 miles...