Monday 23 May 2022

2022 - France - Carpentras - Day 8

A very pleasant day off the bike yesterday in the company of AJ Shaw. We drank lots of coffee, we put the world to rights, drank more coffee and the had good meal at the campsite Restaurant . A great camp site (****). After a slowish start this morning we left the site at about 9am and rode together through Apt and then onto Sisteron. This is where AJ turned South to ride to Italy and I continued North to Gap. 

 I tried to find a motorcycle shop to get some engine oil and chain lube... Found one but as expected it was closed on Mondays!!! Picked some engine oil at the petrol station next door. I arrived at Gap only to find the two campsites I had chosen were both closed for various reasons and so I rode into Gap and found a new(ish) Hotel B&B just as it started to rain a little. 

 My back was painful this morning so I went against my doctors orders and purchased some Nurofen as paracetamol just was working. So I am now in Gap and tomorrow I'm am heading to the Lyon area via the Grenoble ring road.