Thursday 19 May 2022

France Day 4

After the thunder storm of last night which only stopped at about 7:30am, it took a little while to get going this morning.  When I left at about 9am the sky was still overcast and it was cold.   As I had added a better camp to my route it was going to take about 1.5 hours longer so I opted for the motorways.  It saved a lot of kms but I still had to suffer the M25(ish) traffic around Bordeaux.    After that is was the mind-numbing Toll roads going south - especially the A65… empty and boring.   I stopped to refuel and a coffee at a service area and met a chap (Stuart) who was asking about my bike.  He asked if I 'blogged' and I gave him my card although I can't see why any would be interested in my travels !!
I finally arrived at the Camping du Lac site and for the same price I managed to arrange for a cabin for the night - electric, large bed and cooking kit.   My tent is now laid out on the grass drying and after writing this I may well go for a beer.   It's another 300+ kms tomorrow but I am in no rush - and I will not be paying any tolls either.   Note for my readers who insist on checking my Grammer  and Smelling… get a life …..