Tuesday 24 May 2022

2022 - France - Near Lyon..

After a pleasant nights sleep I woke feeling like a turtle stranded on its back. So many attempts to get out of bed and stand up…. 

I finally did it and after a hot shower I felt a little better, the breakfast was excellent and I was on my way by 8:15

The early part of the route from Gap to Grenoble is magnificent and the views are spectacular. I stopped off near Vienne for lunch and then the problems started, there must have been a major problem on the Lyon ring road as it was miles and miles of grid locked trucks near the centre causing traffic to back up onto all the slip roads in the area. They even closed the exit from one of the large service stops - a bit if cheeky riding needed after I re-fuelled. I took a few liberties with the Highway Code and back tracked about 20kms and headed for an alternative campsite to the right of Lyon. 

A very quiet site, that at 5pm appears to be filling up with more and more Dutch travellers. 

I did manage to find a motorcycle shop and gets some chain lube. 

Tomorrow I will be heading for Chatillion sur Loire - a medium ride but I am worried about my back giving up altogether - I have already started to walk like an old man !!!!!