Wednesday 18 May 2022

2022 - France Day 2 - Saumur



After a good nights sleep I woke early(ish). It was an excellent campsite ****. Packing up was good and slow, the sun was already warm.   I was on the road for 8:30 heading generally South, taking the minor roads where possible and avoiding the big towns.

The problem with minor roads is that they rarely have petrol stations or McDonalds!!!  I had to double back a bit to find the former, but did not find the later….

Not too much excitement except that on the quick D road my right hand decided to fall off - ah well I have another on the left….

I arrived at the next campsite to the east of Saumur and was immediately offered a large tent for the night at just €20.   Made use of the extra time and sunshine to dry off the condensation on my tent and re-pack it.

There appears to be no internet here so this will probably go in the morning.