Thursday 26 May 2022

2022 - France - last day


Well it had to be done…. The more I camped in the tent; the worse my back was getting - yesterday I was having issues with riding and braking with my right boot !!!

So after a long days ride and an overnight stop at Blois I headed for my last campsite at Alencon. I was having issues with the power supply to the Garmin, so I stopped in a small village and removed the front fairing, diverted another power supply to the Garmin and hey presto all sorted. No thanks to the 5 French bikers that just sat and watched from afar…….

I then stopped for lunch and asked Gertie Garmin the distance to Caen - 2.5 hours she said - so rather than pay for another night in the tent and a long wait until 3:30pm on Friday - I hit the road for Caen. I made the ferry with 25 mins to spare before it sailed.

A quick trip of 13 Days and 2600 miles. I did get to ride over the Millau bridge again and ride the Tarn Gorge , and I also rode the Route du Napoleon from Gap to Grenoble amongst some other very memorable mountain roads.

Meeting up with AJ Shaw and having a day off the bike was great and I haven't touched a beer since !!!!

Note to self - update your maps. My small AA edition is dated 2002 and my Michelin map is 2017 !

ENDEX