Tuesday 11 June 2013

.11th June Tuesday.. Yes I'm sure it is.



 
No rain over night in Bled, so that was a plus… I actually overslept and climbed out of bed at 7am..   But still managed to be on the road by 8.20…  I had changed the route overnight and decided not to ride around the Pula Peninsular but I would backtrack at little to Kranjska Gora and then take the 206 over the Mountain to Tolmin and what a road well over 50 hairpin bends and many very steep turns.  I met with some Dutch bikers at the top and exchanged cameras to get photo of each other.   What a view from the top – fabulous and above the snow line.  Then it was a pleasant run through the more wonderful country side to the border crossing into Croatia  
 
After that the roads got even poorer on the leg down to the campsite at Medveja….  We ended up on a very local road, very steep 18%, with road works and a man telling me that I had to turn around and go back up the hill .   I nearly dropped it when the front wheel locked on the gravel and again trying to do a 3 point turn on a hill…. so very close to dropping it.  Found the campsite about 4pm.  It’s a bit shabby but nearly dry.   I met with a lovely couple from Canada and they invited me over for supper…  excellent… and then a stroll along the beach and an ice cream for desert.   They are riding a Honda Goldwing with trailer and are travelling for about 3 months.   I forgot to get their email address - but they got mind - I hope they will let me know how they are getting on... 
 
The plan tomorrow is to ride down the cost to Nin just outside Zadar….Still have to decide if I want to visit Bosnia ?  
 
....Nite Nite