Saturday 8 June 2013

Day two

Mileage done 577

Dear Reader

Gertie and I are now in Kaysersberg near Colmar.

Arrived at 3.30 and it is very hot still. About 34 on the road today now only 27.

No major cock-ups en route but had a few diversions due to road works. Stopped for a late breakfast in the sun. Still got the cold but not coughing as much. As expected the camp site is full of lorry sized campers and trucks. Next to me is the biggest overlander I have ever seen I it's a M-A-N and its enormous. I will try to get a picture. It has such a large overhang at the back that they even have a swing for the kids!

The ride down was good and the last 50 miles was up into the hills (1200m high) and the down again - loads of bike and lots of Twisties.

We will be making a silent approach into Germany tomorrow and into the Alps.............

Later......