Monday 10 June 2013

... And lastly Slovenia

Evening reader

We ( that's is Bike, Gertie and I) started with a typical German breakfast at 7.30... and it was still raining - loaded the bike and set off at 8am and passed 3 campsites all under water !!!! Bugger this - head for the hills.... well mountains actually. It wasn't very long before we were on the Brenner Pass and into Italy - well today we have done Germany, Italy, Austria, Italy, Austria, Italy and lastly Slovenia. All before my office had got to lunchtime !!! Good job they are open borders or it would take forever....

The scenery has been fantastic and the roads good - very twistie on the B111 over the mountains - more twists that a Corrie plot !!!! The last 20kms was through the forest on gravel - the type of roads that knobblies were made for - alas I have road tyres at are about 2000 miles from their demise - I hope.

I am now beside Lake Bled and the tent and kit is drying out nicely - I treated myself to a mushroom omelet and a local beer - excellent ( that's one for you David - skoll). Now sitting beside the lake watching the rowers and the promanarders and listening to live guitar music ..... It is 6.30 local time

Tomorrow is the ride to Croatia and hopefully warmer weather - it has been as elusive as my cold weather allowance - every time I get near it - it moves further ahead!!! If it does turn out nice I may just miss out the Pula Pennisula......... And side on the coast....

Ahh. The sun has just come out for the photo...... So tranquil here......

I bet my desk in already a mess with work ..... And I am in Slovenia trying not to think about how to sort it out on my return - after all this is Day 1 of my holiday and I am already over 1,000 miles away !!!!!!....

Bye for now. .....