Tuesday 18 June 2013

18th June.....

Trip mileage 3072 to Calais

Dear Reader....
..... I must be getting near home as it rained all night... Early night and therefore early start - I'm not one for navel gazing in the mornings ..... S+S+Shaved, made a brew... Packed up the wet tent for the final time this trip.... Waved goodbye the Jean Claude at the gate and away we go.......

We had planned a very gentle route to the Chunnel of just 172 miles through some very local and empty roads.

Remember the big Overlander I met on day two - well I looked them up on the net - a very interesting guy - www.overlandkiwi.com - I only met his english wife and baby on the site as he was in Turkey on business !!!! Read the site and see why he is one not to be messed with. I must read the rest of the site when I get home.

Well back to the ride - very gentle thriugh the lanes and backwoods all they way - very little traFfic until the motorway leading to Euro port - I booked in and had jusy enough time to get some smellies for Debbie..... And a bun.... Then on the metal rabbit . We have to put the clocks back one hour - so we actually arrive in the UK before we left France - if you see what I mean.....

Just the ride from Folkestone to home now .....

Bye for now