Wednesday 10 July 2019

10 July - Croatia and Slovenia

Dear reader,

Well it rained and thundered most of the day yesterday and all of the night... but still it was good not to be riding in it...

I hit the showers early, mainly due to a foreign lady having a very load telephone conversation just outside my tent...., turn the f**** speaker off and put it next to your ear !!! That way you won't have to shout....

On the road at 7:30.... and it was still pouring with rain.... crossed through the border into Slovenia and onto Lake Bled.... "everyone and his dog is at Lake Bled this time of year darling"... she was heard to say.... I was here some 6 years ago and it was a quiet place then ...now it's like Blackpool without the lights....

The campsite was full but they were able to squeeze in a solo biker with a small tent....
Tomorrow we are into Austria and camping somewhere : Gertie knows where.....

I am getting a little worried about the vibration from the engine and I am hoping that the weld in still holding. I will be taking it easier on the speeds and will be riding a shortened route home - even if that means arriving home earlier than planned - I could take more non-riding days but that just mean paying a camp site so I can sit on my arse and wait a day....

I am now back at the tent and the tourists are still at the waters edge or in town. I will wander down later for supper or just a beer maybe...

Nite nite