Sunday 14 July 2019

14 July - France and UK

Good evening dear reader - if your still there...

Slept well last night and woke at 6am and after a good cup of coffee I was on the road by 7:30... from Soissons, and within 20 minutes I had to stop and put on a thermal layer and off we rode again.... An hour later down came rain, which lasted for about an hour....

It was about an hour later that I arrived at Englefontaine and after a little riding around I finally found the British War Graves I had been looking for. Paid my respects and took a few photos.... the miniature pony was guarding the path leading to the site.....

On the road again towards Belgium .... as my friend David would say "a plan is a basis for change", and so it was today. I saw the signs for Calais and thought why ride to Belgium, camp over night and then ride to the Chunnel.... stop Gerty, head for Calais ....

Arrived at the Tunnel, got a ticket, bought some perfume for Debs, and a well deserved sandwich for me....

Then onto the metal rabbit and hey presto popped out at Folkstone... and spent another two hours riding home....

The bikes is now in the garage and I won't unpack until the morrow.... a cup of tea in the garden and an ice cream and then a long soak in a hot bath ... arhhhhhh that's better...

5400 miles.....

Journey done

ENDEX