Friday 12 July 2019

12 July - Germany and France

All is well - that ends well.

Big thanks to the guys at Carol Nash Insurance and Breakdown.... after a little wait at the Shell Gas Station, Dieter arrived with his big truck.... he did some testing and took things apart and put them back together again and hey presto the battery was Buggered (no German translation available for that....)

We managed to get the bike started and I followed him 20kms to a Moto shop ... no luck there ... he gave me the address of a large moto shop in Frieberg... as long as I kept the engine running I would be OK!!! The town traffic was awful but I found the shop and they had a battery.., Yippee - I pull up on the pavement and installed the new battery ... and after much chat about Brexit and the lunatics in our parliament, all was fixed and working... Nice guys in the shop - very helpful...

So back on the road and headed for Keyserberg near Colmar, by this time it was gone 7pm - I thought I would try my luck at a road side hotel (getting soft I am). €68 per night - are they mad... rode on for another 20mins and found the municipal campsite for €12..

Tent up, tomorrow's route sorted, supper cooked (pasta and Chilli Von Carne). and now to wash up and have a read in bed as it's now nearly 9pm... it's been a long and interesting day...

PS. Thanks to all the bikers that checked if I was OK at the garage ..,,

Nite nite