Sunday 7 July 2019

7 July - Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina and back into Croatia.

Good evening dear reader,

Whew what a hot night - even had to take off the tent flysheet. Up early and packed ready for the camp office to open a 8am and then we were away. This really is a fabulous coastline - used the GoPro a lot..., you just need to ignore the towns on route which are packed with concrete and tourist and they even sit by the side of the road waving "appartment" signs at everyone that passes.... not forgetting the suicidal pedestrians...

I got close to the border and thought 'where did I put my passport!!!!' I stopped and had to unpack the bags and search the panniers until finally located it locked in my top box for security - what a tit.... stopped for coffee at a roadside cafe...

 



Passed through Split and on towards Zadar - trying very hard not to end up on the Motorway.... well 2pm arrived and it was just too hot to ride anymore... so I started to look for campsites... there are a lot of them but most are clinging to the side of cliffs - I rode down into one site - rode around trying to find the reception - no luck - and trying to navigate some very steep gravel tracks with a packed site of campers watching , as if they had never seen a motorcycle before.., they were all crammed in side by side - it was like a gypsy encampment .... lots of revs and I'm out of there...

Enough us enough so I stopped at only the 2nd McDonalds this trip.... looked for a cheap motel with a/c and hit to go button...

Showered and planned the route for tomorrow to a campsite I have used before at Generalski Stol and hoping to stop at the Cold War airbase at Bihac.... and I am now watching the World Cup final NL v USA...

Must have a look at the results of the GoPro. 




Nite nite