Thursday 20 June 2019

20 June - France and Belgium


Good evening dear reader,

I had a very casual ride down to Folkestone and the Chunnel.   No sooner had I boarded the train then we were off.  Lots of bikers on board - not very talkative or interesting, mostly going to some sort of rally or a cannonball type event down to Nice.   Lots of wheelies on arriving in France (no me) - I just parked up and let Gertie Garmin sort herself out and and off we went - very little traffic, empty back roads to Ypres and the campsite.   I must sort Gertie out as Belgium appears to have disappeared from the screen??

Arrived at "Camping Ypra" - a very nice and clean campsite.  All sorted and now in the Reception having a Le Fort beer (Belgium tea) with a very noisy group of Belgians.  It is very sunny and warm and once I have had this beer it back to the tent to cook supper.
 
Tomorrow I am going to have a cruise around Mons, Casteau and Soignes - I served there with NATO way back in the '70s.  Then onwards and upwards to Luxemberg.

I will remember to stop and take photos - honest.

Nite Nite