Wednesday 26 June 2019

26 June - Czechoslovakia still

After a night of worry I arrived at the Bike Shop and waited from them to arrive. Nice chap Martin (my hero) arrived and I unloaded the bike a placed it in a wonderful workshop. Yes, new chain required as the front sprocket was moving on the drive shaft causing the chain to hit the casing.... bugger.
But worse was to come the front sprocket was not secured to the drive shaft and I was able to just pull it off... bugger again. New drive shaft and gasket set, new front sprocket needed so I might as well have a rear sprocket too .... but only the chain in stock - but all could be order with only a 10 day wait.

So new chain fitted and off down the road to the welding shop - great guys - the sprocket and drive shaft at now one - should hold until back in the UK. Welding free of charge. Chain etc just €142 - a bargain.

I got back on the road at 11 and rode till I had had enough of Gertie who refused to go where I wanted but insisted on road 14 with lots of twisties and then refused to go on the southern route , so the north route it was - nearly into Poland and close to the border with Ukraine !! But the views of the Capathian mountains were fabulous - even the view from the petrol station was stunning.

Just a thought - this week I have seen:
. Elephants by the side of the road with a circus
. I saw a fight as a man ejected from a tram by the police in Prague for openly drinking beer.
. I met the wonderful Martin at All4Moto in Trencin.
. Some wonderful welders who would not take payment.
. Some true bike roads and brilliant country side.

I am now at a MotoRest in Branisko (€14 a night) and €4 for supper. Now off the bed... a long day again tomorrow - heading for Hungary and maybe Romania....