Thursday 27 June 2019

27 June - Mother of all storms overhead - Slovakia, Hungary and Romania

Started out a 7:30 in a attempt to make up time - some hope.   First of all I could not find my keys, so I searched about, partly unpacked and then located them hanging around my next …. Doh 

Travelled through some wonderful country side and over some twisty passes, only spoilt by so many trucks, roads works and a sore arse.   By the time 4pm rolled in I was done for… saw a motel and went for it, its a bit seedy but it will do.   No sooner had I taking the bags off the bike than the mother of all storms hit very suddenly.  High winds started to blow all the outside furniture about and then followed the lightning and heavy rain….  Good plan not to camp tonight… call me soft but I don't care.

A shower, a beer and a meal sorted and now watching MASH on the TV.    I am hoping to ride the Transfagarasan Route tomorrow. So if the spelling is wrong there.  Looks like I will not get to Motocamp until last of Saturday.   The I plan to stay a few nights and then have much shorter riding days.