Saturday 22 June 2019

22 Jun - Luxembourg and Germany

Dear reader,

A good start deserves fresh socks and pants. As expected today was a very long day. Rode out early from that excellent campsite and within 10 minutes we were in Germany. Lots of twisty roads and highlands and valleys. We finally reached a hotel after about 5 hours riding, in the woods and stopped for a coffee and a bun. Lots of speedy bikes about as we were near to the Nurembergring. A lot more back roads and Gertie was determined to send me through every town that had road works. Lots and lots of Umleitungs (spelling?). Never did find that place!!

About 3 o'clock it started to rain and it just got heavier and heavier... until I arrived at the campsite, drenched. Found the pitch and a nice German couple helped me pitched the tent in the rain.

There was a country and western evening on at the site, with beer, currywerst and chips. I met up with the friendly Germans and we had a laugh about biking and Brexit !!!

I am now stood in the gents toilet charging my phone as I type. It has been a long hard day and there is another tomorrow as I head to Prague and the plan is to stay there for two nights - Monday's are non-riding days - I need to get some washing done.

Nite nite