Monday 9 May 2011

Day 3.......

Good morning it is 6.30 on Sunday morning as I sit in a very warm bed in annex of Dave Perry's house is Southern Brittany. But I and getting ahead of myself..... I arrived in France on the boat and an still feeling tired after a lousy nights sleep... I wandered down to the car deck and re packed the kit on the bike and was ready to go as soon as the doors were opened...

I rode off the ship and without any customs at all I was on the road across northern France..... I took a little time before I noticed that I had not changed the clocks to French time .. I rode some very empty roads along the coast and finally stopped at the port of Paimpol for a coffee.. very pleasant view over the boats in the harbour... By the time I got to Guingamp the sky had darkened at the rain looked imminent. So I re-set the Garmin and headed south to Perry Maison (Dave's humour there)....

Arrived in good time... to finally meet up with Dave and Trish I have not seen Dave since 1986 and Trish since 1973 (ish)... too long ago for all of us... and so after much when was that - what year was that and do you remember so and so - like a couple of old sods on a bench we changed and popped into town for a few well place beers (a couple at an old Abby and then a few more in the town square we also took on the locals at table football and I am glad to report that England won again.... we returned to the house and continued to re-live past days until I really had to get to bed... overnight the rain has persisted and it looks like a wet ride down to La Rochelle and the first Camp Site - The time is now 7am and time for a shower and repack...

The bike is handling well considering the stuff I have packed... Must log off now as the rain is coming down quite hard now........ bugger

Miles so far 221
Sent from my BlackBerry wizzything