Monday 9 May 2011

Day 3

Rain Rain and lots of sunshine.


It is now 8pm on Sunday (Day 3).I left Dave and Trish's place in the poring rain and it just got worse as the morning progressed.....lots of very pretty villages and miles and miles of almost empty roads...filled up with fuel a couple of times and thankfully the new Eurocard was working OK. Rode over a fabulous bridge at St Nazaire I stopped to take a picture on the hard-shoulder so it will be interesting to see is that came out OK. A sore arse meant it was time for a stop for a pee and I found a charming little village at Pays la Achard with a little square a big church and a war memorial.

I arrived at a camp site just outside La Rochelle... hardly anyone here but the sun was out and was too hot really so I set up, made coffee and read a chapter or two.... I had to put socks back on to stop my feet being sun burnt and to keep the evening mosquitoes away. The kids were in the pool but appear to have gone now (good) and it is very quiet. Cooked an evening meal and have now washed up and showered ready for bed. Remembered to spray DEET sprayed in the tent just in case. I am sure it will be too hot for the sleeping bag !!! The reception does not open until 9am so it will have to be another late start, but it is an easy run tomorrow to the Dordogne... I will try to slow it down as the miles are going too quickly... will try to potter along at just 70mph tomorrow... I know they have WiFi there... so will post the Blogs...

Miles so far just 478...