Monday 16 October 2017

Morocco Trip - 16 Oct

Good evening reader(s)

I don't think either of us got much sleep last night as the wind was blowing a gale and a half. I though the tent was going to collapse or the bike fall over.

This morning David packed and departed North and I had the intention of staying on that site another day, but over night all the other guest left and the bar etc only opens at weekends!!! I was trying to avoid riding another day in those cross winds. Ah well the washing machine/dryer had finished, so I pack up my toys and departed at about 10.30

Well, the route I had chosen through the National Park was meant to shelter me from the wind but it was over 40kms of twisty narrow roads high up into the hills - and yes very windy. I didn't enjoy that one bit

Well I finally cleared all that and arrived at the road from Jerez to Granada. I found a camp site without a problem but it looks like camping season in Spain finished last week.

Although still working as a site, the bars, cafe, pools etc appear to be closed. Bugger: Pasta tonight then....

Tomorrow I plan to ride North East and see how far I get - somewhere past Jaen.... I am told that the weather is going to turn bad over the next few days. Head for the Pyrenees Nigel.....

Nite nite